Tuesday 20 October 2009

A little bit of prose, for a change.

I wrote this after taking 20mg of Adderall and 2 5-htp's. Sometimes, prescribed medication really can get the creative juices flowing. As Brendan puts it so well, it's a 'stream of subconcious conciousness.'

We'll hang them, those holy ghosts, from the highest tree we can find. But then again, it's never enough. They rise as frequently as the sun y'know. They're the Hydra, they're the fear of the Hydra. I am your Hercules. I am your Perseus. When you look into the eyes of your lover, there I'll be. I am the face of that which you covet, that which you long for. It courses through our veins like souls in the Styx . Pay me the gold; I'll paddle us out. We'll look up and watch the stars die together. We'll watch it all turn to dust and we shall laugh in joyous rapture for we are enlightened and so we are cursed.

No comments:

Post a Comment