Saturday 3 October 2009

New Reviews. Honestly, I'll do more soon.

Japanese Voyeurs - Sicking and Creaming E.P.


If you already own this E.P, then I seriously think you need to sit down somewhere and have a long hard think about what you have done. This is by far and large one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had to endure. There is no merit whatsoever in any of the three tracks. Instead of listening to this, I could have had far much more fun rupturing my bowels or hitting my genitals repeatedly with a meat tenderiser. Seriously, it’s that unbearable.


Imagine the worst Nirvana covers band ever. Like, a band so bad that they seem allergic to rhythm, composition, music in general. Imagine that they were given some good amplifiers and guitar sounds. Then imagine that they’re fronted by a crack-addled Polly Pocket. Seriously, I hate this band so much that I won’t even do them the service of looking up the lead singer’s name. They are quite simply the worst band I have heard in the past two years. It’s the musical equivalent of finding your mum having a bubble bath with Hitler. And there’s only one towel.


Just to boost the word count, a band that are far more interesting are London-based S.C.U.M, a band who, despite owing all of their sound to the new Horrors’ album, make challenging and interesting music that is equal parts Misfits, Public Image Limited and Sonic Youth. Certainly worth checking out. Japanese Voyeurs, on the other hand, will be about as much fun as a lobotomy.


www.myspace.com/japanesevoyeurs

www.myspace.com/scum1968

No comments:

Post a Comment